Our facility is the only purpose-built large animal imaging facility designed for research side-by-side with surgical theatres in Australia. We offer a broad range of imaging modalities for both large and small animals across two facilities.
The Large Animal Research and Imaging Facility (LARIF) at our Gilles Plains site was created as a South Australian node of the National Imaging Facility (NIF). LARIF provides state-of-the-art imaging of large animals for the Australian research community under the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS) scheme.
Bioresources, located within the SAHMRI building on North Terrace, Adelaide City, offers comprehensive small animal imaging within a Specific Opportunistic Pathogen Free (SOPF) facility.
- Siemens Skyra 3T MRI
- Siemens CT/PET
- Philips Brilliance CT
- Plain film radiography
- Siemens fluoroscopy and multipurpose surgical suite/cardiac catheterisation laboratory
- Philips Veradius/Endura image intensifiers
- 4D Medical Permetium (preclinical lung scanner)
- Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) unit
- Bruker Albira PET/SPECT
- Bruker 1T Icon MRI
- Bruker SkyScan microCT (µCT)
- IVIS Spectrum optical imaging
- echoMRI body composition analysis
- RS2000 Irradiator