The PIRL site has both indoor and outdoor Quarantine Approved Premises (QAP). A QAP is a facility approved by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (formerly DAFF/AQIS) for the purpose of receiving, storing and dealing with materials that are subject to quarantine. Our research support team can offer advice for import requirements and applications.
QAP facilities include:
- QC1/PC2 Surgical theatres
- QC1/PC2 Indoor large animal holding
- QC1/PC2 large animal grazing facility (paddock)
- QC1 laboratory space and storage
- QC2/PC2 Small animal holding
- QC2/PC2 laboratory space including a biosafety cabinet