- Contract research conducted to OECD Principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- ISO 9001 (2015) accreditation
- In-house access to surgical expertise
- Preclinical Testing/R&D services/fee-for-service
- Animal Ethics Committee consultation and advice
- Radiation Safety
- OGTR compliance: Physical Containment Level 2 (PC2) and Quality Approved Premises
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources compliance and applications
- Surgery & Surgical Workshops
- Animal Health Monitoring (ComPath)
- Imaging including Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), CT/Positron Emission Tomography (PET), X-ray, multipurpose fluoroscopy lab, Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA), Image Intensifiers, Ultrasound
- Ability to source and order species from reputable suppliers (sheep, pigs, rabbits, guinea pigs, GM rodents, alpacas and other species upon request)
The Preclinical, Imaging & Research Laboratories (PIRL) are your gateway to research excellence.
Our staff have extensive experience in preclinical and veterinary research.
We offer a range of expertise to a broad spectrum of local and international clients including universities, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies and grant funded scientists.
Significant NCRIS funding
Opening of our Gnotobiotic Rodent Facility
Multipurpose fluoroscopy and catheterisation lab and large animal PET/CT now operational
- A new website