We work with researchers, clinicians and pharmaceutical companies to facilitate all stages of preclinical research from proof-of-concept and efficacy to clinical translation and meeting regulatory requirements for safety/toxicity. Examples of the work performed or supported by our experienced team include:
- Fee-for-service projects with Pharmaceutical Companies
- Preclinical safety studies to OECD principles of GLP for Biocompatibles (BTG)
- Orthopaedic efficacy studies for Smith and Nephew/DARPA
- Proof-of-concept studies of biodegradable skin grafts for burns victims with A/Prof John Greenwood (Director of Adult Burn Service, Royal Adelaide Hospital)
- Development of MRI-compatible devices with Prof Prash Sanders (Director of Electrophysiology, Royal Adelaide Hospital)
- Structure and Function of the Kidney in Septic Shock: A Prospective Controlled Experimental Study. Maiden MJ, Otto S, Brealey JK, Finnis ME, Chapman MJ, Kuchel TR, Nash CH, Edwards J, Bellomo R. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016 Mar 11.
- Triiodothyronine Administration in a Model of Septic Shock: A Randomized Blinded Placebo-Controlled Trial. Maiden MJ, Chapman MJ, Torpy DJ, Kuchel TR, Clarke IJ, Nash CH, Fraser JD, Ludbrook GL. Crit Care Med. 2016 Mar 9.
- Rapid and Progressive Regional Brain Atrophy in CLN6 Batten Disease Affected Sheep Measured with Longitudinal Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Sawiak SJ, Perumal SR, Rudiger SR, Matthews L, Mitchell N, McLaughlan CJ, Bawden CS, Palmer DN, Kuchel T, Morton AJ. PLoS One. 2015 Jul 10;10(7):e0132331.
- Influence of ageing on lead bioavailability in soils: a swine study. Wijayawardena MA, Naidu R, Megharaj M, Lamb D, Thavamani P, Kuchel T. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Jun;22(12):8979-88.