- Research Support including in-house access to surgical expertise
- Grant-Funded Research
- Preclinical Testing/ R&D services/fee-for-service
- Contract research conducted to OECD Prinicples of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Animal Ethics Committee consultation and advice
- Animal ethics, Radiation Safety, OGTR and Department of Agriculture and Water Resources compliance and applications
- Surgery and Surgical Workshops
- Animal Health Monitoring (ComPath)
- Imaging including Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), CT, X-ray, DEXA, Image Intensifier, Ultrasound
- Direct supply of research sheep (PIRL-Farm), mice and rats (SAHMRI-Bioresources)
- Ability to source and order other species from reputable suppliers (pigs, rabbits, guinea pigs, alpacas and other species upon request)
The Preclinical, Imaging & Research Laboratories (PIRL) are a gateway to research excellence.
Our people have extensive contacts in preclinical and veterinary research, ethics, pathology services and regulatory compliance (radiation safety, OGTR, Department of Agriculture and Water Resources).
We offer a range of expertise to a broad spectrum of local and international clients. Including biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies and grant funded scientists.
The Quality Management System of SAHMRI-PIRL has successfully obtained ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Upgrade of the MRI suite